Re: Rules with conditions over views don't work

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Rules with conditions over views don't work
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org writes:
>     Since PostgreSQL 7.1 (or 7.0, I don't remember), if you define a view, and then a rule with a condition over the
view,the rule doesn't work when you try to do an operation from the type defined in the rule (it echoes an error
message).But, if you also define an empty rule of the same type on the same view with no condition, the rule starts
working.

This is not a bug, it's intentional.

Your suggestion of making the query rewrite limit a parameter seems like
a good one.

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Referential Integrity corrupted sometimes by Rules
От: Stephan Szabo
Сообщение: Re: Referential Integrity corrupted sometimes by Rules