Re: [HACKERS] A suggestion on finding those pesky .so files

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] A suggestion on finding those pesky .so files
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"J. Michael Roberts" <mirobert@cs.indiana.edu> writes:
> On searching, I found that you can specify -R/usr/local/pgsql/lib during
> linking in gcc and in cc on Solaris -- is there some reason that would be
> bad to do in general?

Only that it's platform-specific.  We do already do the equivalent
incantation for HPUX --- they pronounce it differently, of course,
but it's the same idea --- and it seems to work well.  If you want
to submit a patch to make it happen on Solaris, go for it.
(The HPUX tweak is in makefiles/Makefile.hpux, so I suppose you'd
want to hack on Makefile.solaris_*.)

Ultimately I think we want to get out of the business of learning
all these grotty details about shared libraries on different flavors
of Unix, and instead rely on GNU libtool to do it for us.  But
converting to libtool takes work too :-(

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Installation procedure.
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Installation procedure.