Re: BUG #15651: Collation setting en_US.utf8 breaking sort order

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #15651: Collation setting en_US.utf8 breaking sort order
Дата
Re: BUG #15651: Collation setting en_US.utf8 breaking sort order  (Peter Geoghegan <pg@bowt.ie>)
Re: BUG #15651: Collation setting en_US.utf8 breaking sort order  (Peter Eisentraut <peter.eisentraut@2ndquadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-bugs
> I have PostgresSQL database on Windows. I created database with Collation of
> en_US.utf8.

Really?  AFAIK, Windows doesn't support collation names that look like
that.

> Then I created table (The steps to reproduce are below). I
> inserted a few rows into this table one of which was row with special
> characters "~!@#$^&(". The insert worked fine but then when I do a select on
> the column for values >=' ' (Space), I get back all the rows except for the
> row that contains
> "~!@#$^&(" .

This appears to be the intended behavior of en_US sorting.
On a Linux machine I can reproduce it outside Postgres:

$ LANG=C sort stuff.txt

AAA
BAA
CAA
DAA
~!@#$^&(
$ LANG=en_US sort stuff.txt
~!@#$^&(

AAA
BAA
CAA
DAA

(The first line in my test file contains one space.)