Re: unsafe use of hash_search(... HASH_ENTER ...)

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: unsafe use of hash_search(... HASH_ENTER ...)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"Qingqing Zhou" <zhouqq@cs.toronto.edu> writes:
> I am afraid the problem are not limited to hash_search(). Any code snippet
> are not proteced by critical section like this:

This is not an issue except if the system might actually try to recover;
which is not the case in the postmaster snippet you mention.
elog(ERROR) in the postmaster is fatal, and the use of FATAL rather than
ERROR in this bit of code is merely documentation.