Re: Report: removing the inconsistencies in our CVS->git conversion

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Report: removing the inconsistencies in our CVS->git conversion
Дата
Re: Report: removing the inconsistencies in our CVS->git conversion  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
I wrote:
>     return bool(re.match(
>         r'file .* was added on branch .* on '
>         r'\d{4}\-\d{2}\-\d{2} \d{2}\:\d{2}\:\d{2}( [\+\-]\d{4})?'
>         '\n$',
>         log_msg,
>         ))

> So it looks like I have to make the dead revisions' log messages match
> that regexp.  Off to make another try.

It works!  Now I don't see either the manufactured commits or the
patched-in deletions.

I had not previously bothered to patch the places where a file was added
on the branch immediately after being added on the main, but now it
seems worth doing.  That will get us down to a *very* small number of
manufactured commits in the final version.