Re: Cannot insert a duplicate key into unique index

От daq
Тема Re: Cannot insert a duplicate key into unique index
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
>> The insert statement that is producing this error does not
>> include a value for the pkey field in question (this field is of type
>> SERIAL).  I imagine that somehow the counter associated with this
>> field got messed up, so that it is mistakenly generating a value that
>> has been used already.  How can I straighten it out?

TL> You need to do something like

TL>         select setval('seq-name', (select max(col) + 1 from table));

TL>                         regards, tom lane

The setval function updates the last_value field of the sequence table. You don't need the "+ 1".

select setval('seq-name', (select max(col) from table));

DAQ

Сообщение: Re: Cannot insert a duplicate key into unique index
Сообщение: Re: Cannot insert a duplicate key into unique index