BUG #17665: pg_stat_statements useless with variable number of parameters in IN close

От PG Bug reporting form
Тема BUG #17665: pg_stat_statements useless with variable number of parameters in IN close
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      17665
Logged by:          Sebastien Caunes
Email address:      bokanist@gmail.com
PostgreSQL version: 15.0
Operating system:   all

Not really a bug, but this issue makes pg_stat_statements almost useless.

One of my customer have queries with variables number of parameters in IN
closes

SELECT * FROM my_table WHERE id IN ($1, $2, $3, $4, ...) -- number of
parameters varies from one to thousands

And some queries have more than one IN close. This bloat the
pg_stat_statement table with all different version of the same query.

I think the parameters in IN close should be merged as one.
By the way, where should I submit this kind of improvement request ?