Re: Some quick notes about extending libpq for new protocol

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Some quick notes about extending libpq for new protocol
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
Jonathan Gardner <jgardner@jonathangardner.net> writes:
> I'll admit -- the current state of PQfn is practically unuseable. However, the
> idea is pretty cool. I think it would be nice to have a direct function call
> mechanism that bypasses the parser.

The ability to prepare a "SELECT foo($1, $2, ...)" statement pretty much
eliminates any performance advantage that PQfn once had.  While I've not
had the opportunity to do performance tests, I'd think that a binary
BIND and EXECUTE of such a statement would be about on a par with
FunctionCall.