Re: How do I make a timestamp column default to current time

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: How do I make a timestamp column default to current time
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"zagman" <daveh@allheller.net> writes:
> I'm setting up a simple timecard program and I need a column that
> defaults to the current time when a new row is inserted. How can I do
> this I tried setting the default to 'now' but all that does is put the
> time I created the table in each row!

The default has to be a function call, not a literal constant, to work
the way you want.  Try

    mycol timestamp default now()
or
    mycol timestamp default current_timestamp

(the latter is actually a function call, even though the SQL standard
says it has to be spelled without any parentheses)