Re: [INTERFACES] perl-interface: make test

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [INTERFACES] perl-interface: make test
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
wlin@atmgcm.msrc.sunysb.Edu writes:
>     I just find out that I didn't specify '--with-perl' to enable perl
> interface at the configuration step when I installed postgresql last May.

"Last May"?  What version are you using?  I suppose it could be 6.3.2 at
latest.

> Is this responsible for the above problem?  Any shortcut to enable it rather
> than re-install it from scratch?

Actually I'd recommend upgrading to 6.4.2; we cleaned up the perl5
module's install process in 6.4 so that you can build it either with
Postgres ("--with-perl") or afterwards.  I've forgotten exactly what
the problems were before, but one or the other method didn't work
quite right...

The 6.4.2 backend is also noticeably more stable than 6.3.2, at least
in my experience.