Re: pgsql: Add psql option: -1 or --single-transaction

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pgsql: Add psql option: -1 or --single-transaction
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
> [It's a shame we don't support nested BEGINs, for use in nested function
> calls. I guess we took that out infavour of SAVEPOINTs? I seem to
> remember some idiot (me wasn't it?) suggesting we should do that.]

I still think that was probably the right move, though.  With nested
BEGIN/COMMIT it'd be way too easy to get confused about how many levels
deep you are.  The savepoint syntax at least provides names for the
levels.  (Not that we have any mechanism to expose the state to you :-()