Re: pg_bsd_indent compiles bytecode

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pg_bsd_indent compiles bytecode
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On 2020-06-27 17:12:57 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>> I wouldn't care about this particularly for pg_bsd_indent itself,
>> but it suggests that we're probably building .bc files for client-side
>> files, which seems like a substantial waste of time.  Maybe we need
>> different CFLAGS for client and server?

> I don't think it'll apply to most in-tree client side programs, so it
> shouldn't be too bad currently. Still should fix it, of course.

Having now checked, there isn't any such problem.  No .bc files are
getting built except in src/backend and in other modules that feed
into the backend, such as src/timezone and most of contrib.

I do see .bc files getting built for pg_bsd_indent, as Alvaro reported.
Seems like it must be a bug in the pgxs make logic, not anything more
generic.