Re: [HACKERS] Improving overflow checks when adding tuple to PGresult Re: [GENERAL] Retrieving query results

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Improving overflow checks when adding tuple to PGresult Re: [GENERAL] Retrieving query results
Дата
Ответы Re: [HACKERS] Improving overflow checks when adding tuple to PGresultRe: [GENERAL] Retrieving query results  (Michael Paquier <michael.paquier@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> On Mon, Aug 28, 2017 at 3:05 PM, Michael Paquier
> <michael.paquier@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Attached are two patches:
>> 1) 0001 refactors the code around pqAddTuple to be able to handle
>> error messages and assign them in PQsetvalue particularly.
>> 2) 0002 adds sanity checks in pqAddTuple for overflows, maximizing the
>> size of what is allocated to INT_MAX but now more.

I've pushed these (as one commit) with some adjustments.  Mainly,
I changed PQsetvalue to report failure messages with PQinternalNotice,
which is what already happens inside check_field_number() for the case
of an out-of-range field number.  It's possible that storing the
message into the PGresult in addition would be worth doing, but I'm
unconvinced about that --- we certainly haven't had any field requests
for it.