Re: Is this a BUG? Is there anyone has the same problem?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Is this a BUG? Is there anyone has the same problem?
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
David Stanaway <david@stanaway.net> writes:
> This seems to be a bit of a FAQ at the moment...  Do you think it should
> be added to the release notes? Maybe the people that build the packages
> for different distributions of Linux need to have some kind of warning
> in the installation scripts which let the users pic the locale used for
> Postgres by default.

I think it is mentioned someplace.  Maybe we could make it more prominent.

There's been some talk of having initdb always report the locale
settings being used, but as of 7.2 it doesn't warn you about non-C
locales.  (7.1 did; 7.2 fails to because initdb is overenthusiastic
about hiding backend output :-()

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: