Re: pgsql: Add list of acknowledgments to release notes

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pgsql: Add list of acknowledgments to release notes
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
> On 14/10/2018 04:03, Tom Lane wrote:
>> I wonder how well these characters will render in different viewing
>> tools.  Maybe there's not much to be done, but should we entity-ify
>> the list where possible?

> This is not related to the encoding of these characters in the source.
> It's just that we have never used these characters in previous releases
> (new contributors).  A workaround would be to "unaccent" the affected
> names.  Or look for a more complete font.  Or just leave it alone.

Well, I don't think leaving it alone is really nice.   Three of the
four warnings seem to come from a single entry:

Şahap Aşçı

That's copied-and-pasted from our website, where it seems to render
fine, but in the PDF file what I see is

#ahap A#ç#

The fourth warning comes from

Adam Biela#ski

As a short-term fix, maybe the thing to do is deaccent those two names.

BTW, there is also a fifth complaint

WARNING: Glyph "?" (0x3c0, pi) not available in font "Times-Roman".

which is evidently coming from the description of the pi() function.
So that proves that entity-ification doesn't help :-(