Re: PostgreSQL specific datatypes very confusing for beginners who use wrappers around JDBC

Craig Ringer <craig@2ndquadrant.com> writes:
> I just want us to allow, by default, implicit casts FROM text (not TO
> text) using the input function for all PostgreSQL's validated
> non-standard types (and XML due to limited deployment of SQL/XML support
> in client drivers).

Sorry, that is *just* as dangerous as implicit casts to text were.
It would bite a different set of queries, but not any less painfully.

I have about zero sympathy for ORMs that aren't willing to address
this issue properly.  Yeah, it might be less than trivial, but that
doesn't mean that the right answer is to create semantic hazards
on the server side.

Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL specific datatypes very confusing for beginners who use wrappers around JDBC
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL specific datatypes very confusing for beginners who use wrappers around JDBC