Re: [HACKERS] logical decoding of two-phase transactions

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: [HACKERS] logical decoding of two-phase transactions
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] logical decoding of two-phase transactions  (Nikhil Sontakke <nikhil.sontakke@2ndquadrant.com>)
Re: [HACKERS] logical decoding of two-phase transactions  (Nikhil Sontakke <nikhil.sontakke@2ndquadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers

On March 30, 2018 10:27:18 AM PDT, Petr Jelinek <petr.jelinek@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
>. Locking
>around plugin callbacks can hold he lock for longer periods of time
>since plugins usually end up writing to network. I think for most
>use-cases of 2PC decoding the latter is more useful as plugin should be
>connected to some kind transaction management solution. Also the time
>should be bounded by things like wal_sender_timeout (or
>statement_timeout for SQL variant of decoding).

Quick thought: Should be simple to release lock when interacting with network. Could also have abort signal lockers.

Andres