Re: table partition with inheritance having current_timestamp issue if we miss range table

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: table partition with inheritance having current_timestamp issue if we miss range table
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Nagaraj Raj <nagaraj.sf@yahoo.com> writes:
> How to reproduce the issue,
> 1. Create a table partition with table inheritance by range on the date column2. Place triggers and trigger
function3.In the trigger function, update with inheritance tables from September to December or appropriate.4. while
creating inheritancetables, skip one of the tables which updated in the trigger function5. If you started to insert, it
wouldwrite into the master table with a future date.

TBH, I strongly doubt that anyone is going to follow up on this report
as given.  It seems at least as likely that the bug is in your trigger
code as in Postgres proper.  Without the exact schema and trigger code,
anyone who did try couldn't be sure whether failure to see something
interesting means that there's no Postgres bug or just that they'd
failed to duplicate what you did.

If you'd like us to take an interest, please submit a *self contained*
test case.  Preferably a script that starts with an empty database,
creates all the requisite objects, and then does whatever is needed
to exhibit the misbehavior.

От: Nagaraj Raj
Сообщение: table partition with inheritance having current_timestamp issue if we miss range table
От: Andrew Marynchuk (Андрей Маринчук)
Сообщение: Re: Strange output of XML attribute values