Re: pgsql: Improve error handling in RemovePgTempFiles().

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pgsql: Improve error handling in RemovePgTempFiles().
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
Thomas Munro <thomas.munro@enterprisedb.com> writes:
> On Tue, Dec 5, 2017 at 11:59 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> Improve error handling in RemovePgTempFiles().

> Was it intentional that a newly created cluster produces a LOG error
> on startup until you eventually do something to cause base/pgsql_tmp
> to exist?  Same for each tablespace you create.

> 2018-01-07 16:34:20.352 NZDT [77400] LOG:  could not open directory
> "base/pgsql_tmp": No such file or directory

Ooops, nope.

> Perhaps RemovePgTempFiles() could check if each one exists before
> calling RemovePgTempFilesInDir(), like in the attached?  Alternatively
> we could make RemovePgTempFilesInDir() return early if temp_dir ==
> NULL (going against your commit message above), or I suppose we could
> arrange for temporary directories always to exist in base and each
> tablespace.

Seems like the first of those alternatives is the best, but it's pretty
late here and my brain is fried.  Will think about this mañana.

Сообщение: Re: pgsql: Improve error handling in RemovePgTempFiles().
Сообщение: Re: pgsql: Improve error handling in RemovePgTempFiles().