Re: [HACKERS] additional contrib test suites

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] additional contrib test suites
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> So, we have one failure for chkpass on OpenBSD, because OpenBSD crypt()
> doesn't support the traditional two-character salt format.

> Option:

> - Use the resultmap features to make this an expected failure on OpenBSD.

> - Fix the module to work on OpenBSD.  This would involve making a
> platform-specific modification to use whatever advanced salt format they
> want.

> - Replace the entire module with something that does not depend on crypt().

Or (4) drop the module's regression test again.

I'd go for (1) at least as a short-term answer.  It's not clear to me
that it's worth the effort to do (2) or (3).  Also, (3) probably breaks
backwards compatibility, if there is anyone out there actually using
this datatype.