Re: SQL command to edit postgresql.conf, with comments

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: SQL command to edit postgresql.conf, with comments
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Dimitri Fontaine <dimitri@2ndQuadrant.fr> writes:
> I wonder if providing a system function to load some configuration
> option from a file, using the current parser, would do it:

>   SELECT pg_load_conf('path/to/filename.conf', permament => true);

That seems like a pretty bizarre idea.  The settings wouldn't be
persistent would they?  Or are you proposing this as a substitute
way of providing input for SET PERMANENT?  If so what's the value?
It seems to me that it just introduces unnecessary failure modes
(ie, server can't read file because of permissions) without any
really useful new functionality.