Re: problem with backup and restore (probaly stupit newb thing)

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: problem with backup and restore (probaly stupit newb thing)
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
> Joel Fradkin wrote:
>> ServerVersion: 07.03.0200 PostgreSQL 7.4.6 on i386-redhat-linux-gnu,
>> compiled by GCC i386-redhat-linux-gcc (GCC) 3.4.2 20041017 (Red Hat 3.4.2

> OK - let's start here. The syntax here is fine, I just tested it on an
> 8.0 database. Are you sure the DB you are restoring to is version 8?

Looks to me like he's trying to use 8.0 pg_dump/pg_restore to reload
into a 7.4 server.  This definitely won't work without specifying
--disable-dollar-quoting to pg_dump; and if you care about restoring
object ownership correctly, also --use-set-session-authorization.
I don't recall if there are any other gotchas.

The unicode issue I'm not sure about.  Perhaps the original database was
SQL_ASCII encoding and so was allowed to contain byte sequences that
aren't legal unicode?
        regards, tom lane

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: