BUG #17456: pg_dump creates dump that does not fully respect operator schema location

От PG Bug reporting form
Тема BUG #17456: pg_dump creates dump that does not fully respect operator schema location
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      17456
Logged by:          Andrew Grossman
Email address:      agrossman@gmail.com
PostgreSQL version: 14.2
Operating system:   MacOS 12.3

I have a case where an AFTER ROW trigger has a condition comparing two ltree
fields. The ltree extension is installed in a different schema than the
triggered table is. Upon restoration, the following error is encountered:

psql:/tmp/bugreport.sql:93: ERROR:  42883: operator does not exist:
util.ltree = util.ltree
LINE 1: ...N my_schema.my_table FOR EACH ROW WHEN ((new.path IS DISTINC...
                                                             ^
HINT:  No operator matches the given name and argument types. You might need
to add explicit type casts.
LOCATION:  op_error, parse_oper.c:731

The following sql will reproduce this case:

===================================

CREATE SCHEMA my_schema;
CREATE SCHEMA util;
CREATE EXTENSION ltree WITH SCHEMA util;
SET SEARCH_PATH=my_schema,util;
CREATE TABLE my_schema.my_table
    (path ltree);

CREATE FUNCTION my_schema.noop() RETURNS trigger
    LANGUAGE plpgsql
    AS $$
BEGIN
    RETURN NEW;
END;
$$;

CREATE TRIGGER path_update_after_trg
    AFTER UPDATE ON my_schema.my_table
    FOR EACH ROW WHEN ((new.path IS DISTINCT FROM old.path))
    EXECUTE FUNCTION my_schema.noop();

===================================
end of reproduction setup sql.

Execution looks like:
===================================
> createdb my_restore_db; pg_dump my_source_db | psql my_restore_db

CREATE TABLE
Time: 15.558 ms
ALTER TABLE
Time: 0.293 ms
COPY 0
Time: 0.216 ms
ERROR:  42883: operator does not exist: util.ltree = util.ltree
LINE 1: ...N my_schema.my_table FOR EACH ROW WHEN ((new.path IS DISTINC...
                                                             ^
HINT:  No operator matches the given name and argument types. You might need
to add explicit type casts.
LOCATION:  op_error, parse_oper.c:731
Time: 3.546 ms

This is against server 13.6 with client 14.2.

My workaround for the current bug is to cast the comparison fields to text.