Re: [HACKERS] Active zombies at AIX

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Active zombies at AIX
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Konstantin Knizhnik <k.knizhnik@postgrespro.ru> writes:
> But ps shows that status of process is <existing>
> [14:46:02]root@postgres:~ # ps -elk | grep 25691556
>   * A - 25691556 - - - - - <exiting>

As far as I could find by googling, this means that the process is
not actually a zombie yet, so it's not the postmaster's fault.

Apparently it's possible in some versions of AIX for an exiting process to
get stuck while releasing its reference to a socket, though I couldn't
find much detail about that.  I wonder how old your AIX is ...