Re: hstore ==> and deprecate =>

От David E. Wheeler
Тема Re: hstore ==> and deprecate =>
Дата
Re: hstore ==> and deprecate =>  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Jun 17, 2010, at 1:30 PM, Florian Pflug wrote:

> How about turning it into a function
>    hstore hstore(hstore, text[])
> instead?

I just searched through the 2008 spec for a slice/subset operator and came up empty. It seems to define a bunch of
predicatesfor multisets, but not much for arrays.

And looking again at the options, I'm *okay* with %, but not keen on %> anymore (I could see a future where %> and <%
itas complement @> and <@ by confirming the presence of keys in an hstore:
   bool = hstore %> text[];

So, frankly, I'm coming back to what Florian has suggested here. What about calling it slice?
   hstore = slice(hstore, text[]);

It'd be nice to have one for arrays, too:
   anyarray[] = slice(anyarray[], int[]);

An operator could always be added later if a good one appeared.

Okay, no more bikeshedding for me on this issue. I'm covered in paint.

Best,

David