BUG #17377: only superusers can query or manipulate replication origins

От PG Bug reporting form
Тема BUG #17377: only superusers can query or manipulate replication origins
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      17377
Logged by:          James Pang
Email address:      chaolpan@cisco.com
PostgreSQL version: 13.4
Operating system:   RHEL8.4

PG 13.4 on RHEL8.4 ,
  we have a user with REPLICATION for logical replication , try to handle
"replication change loop back" by set replication origin,

 select pg_replication_origin_create('test');
ERROR:  only superusers can query or manipulate replication origins

 Is it possible to "remove superuser() check" for pg_replication related
functions and view query, we expect any role with replication can
create/drop origin, and roles with pg_monitor can query the progress.

we tested that PG 14.1 works if we grant execution privileges ,  is it
possible to merge the similar enhancement to Postgresql 13.5 or next minor
version ? so we can use that in pg13 version.

Thanks,

James