Re: [HACKERS] Viability of text HISTORY/INSTALL/regression README files (was Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Document a few more regression test hazards.)

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Viability of text HISTORY/INSTALL/regression README files (was Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Document a few more regression test hazards.)
Дата
Ответ на Re: [HACKERS] Viability of text HISTORY/INSTALL/regression README files (was Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Document a few more regression test hazards.)  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
Список pgsql-docs
> On 2/8/14, 4:41 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> + Release notes for all versions of PostgreSQL can be found on-line at
>> + http://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/static/release.html

> Should be "current" instead of "devel"?

>> +
>> + In a distribution file set, release notes for the current version can be
>> + found prebuilt under doc/src/sgml/html/.  Visit the index.html file with
>> + an HTML browser, then consult the "Release Notes" appendix.

> You can point them straight at doc/src/sgml/html/release.html.

Done and done.  I also noticed that these instructions were wrong anyway
for 8.4, which still has the embedded-tarball HTML docs, so I adjusted
the text for that version.