Re: [HACKERS] Microvacuum support for Hash Index

От Jesper Pedersen
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Microvacuum support for Hash Index
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 11/11/2016 12:11 AM, Ashutosh Sharma wrote:
> Hi Jesper,
>
>> Some initial comments.
>>
>> _hash_vacuum_one_page:
>>
>> +               END_CRIT_SECTION();
>> +               _hash_chgbufaccess(rel, metabuf, HASH_READ, HASH_NOLOCK);
>>
>> The _hash_chgbufaccess() needs a comment.
>>
>> You also need a place where you call pfree for so->killedItems - maybe in
>> hashkillitems().
>
> Thanks for reviewing this patch. I would like to update you that this
> patch has got dependency on a patch for concurrent hash index and WAL
> log in hash index. So, till these two patches for hash index are not
> stable I won't be able to share you a next version of patch for
> supporting microvacuum in hash index.

This can be rebased on the WAL v7 patch [1]. In addition to the previous
comments you need to take commit 7819ba into account.

[1]
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAA4eK1%2BdmGNTFMnLO4EbOWJDHUq%3D%2Ba2L8T%3D72ifXeh-Kd8HOsg%40mail.gmail.com

Best regards, Jesper