BUG #17343: ! at end of password for psql throws error

От PG Bug reporting form
Тема BUG #17343: ! at end of password for psql throws error
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      17343
Logged by:          Hrittik Roy
Email address:      hrittik12d@gmail.com
PostgreSQL version: 11.0
Operating system:   NAME="Ubuntu" VERSION="20.04.3 LTS (Focal Fossa)"

Hey,
Currently, I am using Azure Database for PostgreSQL server and found an
error while trying to connect to DB using psql. The error shows that having
`!` at the end of the password for a connection string would make psql think
that `!` is included in the host. This is problematic and the following
picture would give you more information. Changing the password to not
include the `!` at the end would resolve the error.
https://imgur.com/vw9W5VK

Thanks!
PS: I tried searching google about this and no results were found. I started
using postgresql last night and maybe this isn't that big of a deal/ already
resolved. I am not certain but I thought to report it anyways.