Re: Best way to load test a postgresql server

От: Tom Lane
Тема: Re: Best way to load test a postgresql server
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-performance

Скрыть дерево обсуждения

Best way to load test a postgresql server  ("Peter Sheats", )
 Re: Best way to load test a postgresql server  (Alan McKay, )
 Re: Best way to load test a postgresql server  (Dimitri Fontaine, )
  Re: Best way to load test a postgresql server  ("Kenneth Cox", )
   Re: Best way to load test a postgresql server  (Dimitri Fontaine, )
    Re: Best way to load test a postgresql server  (Shaul Dar, )
    Re: Best way to load test a postgresql server  ("Kenneth Cox", )
 Re: Best way to load test a postgresql server  (Shaul Dar, )
  Re: Best way to load test a postgresql server  (Greg Smith, )
   Re: Best way to load test a postgresql server  (Shaul Dar, )
    Re: Best way to load test a postgresql server  (Tom Lane, )
     Re: Best way to load test a postgresql server  (Erik Aronesty, )
   Sorting by an arbitrary criterion  (Craig James, )
    Re: Sorting by an arbitrary criterion  (Grzegorz Jaśkiewicz, )
     Re: Sorting by an arbitrary criterion  (Tom Lane, )
      Re: Sorting by an arbitrary criterion  (Grzegorz Jaśkiewicz, )
    Re: Sorting by an arbitrary criterion  ("Kevin Grittner", )
    Re: Sorting by an arbitrary criterion  (Alexander Staubo, )
    Re: Sorting by an arbitrary criterion  (hubert depesz lubaczewski, )
     Re: Sorting by an arbitrary criterion  ("Hartman, Matthew", )

Shaul Dar <> writes:
> Have you actually run pgbench against your own schema? Can you point me to
> an example? I also had the same impression reading the documentation. But
> when I tried it with the proper flags to use my own DB and query file I got
> an error that it couldn't find one of the tables mentioned in the built-in
> test! I concluded that I cannot use any schema,

No, you just need to read the documentation.  There's a switch that
prevents the default action of trying to vacuum the "standard" tables.
I think -N, but too lazy to look ...