Re: triggers and NOTIFY

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: triggers and NOTIFY
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
Steven Bradley <sbradley@llnl.gov> writes:
> When the trigger simply
> issues the NOTIFY, the front-end process recieves the notification just
> fine.  However, when I also try to INSERT a record into table B from within
> the trigger (either before or after issuing the NOTIFY), the record gets
> inserted into table B, but the front-end application does not recieve a
> notification.

What version are you using?  The test case you gave causes a repeatable
core dump in 6.5 for me, so it was pretty easy to find the cause.
I have committed a fix for 6.5.1, but if you are in a hurry:

*** pl/plpgsql/src/pl_exec.c.orig    Tue May 25 12:15:17 1999
--- pl/plpgsql/src/pl_exec.c    Sat Jul  3 21:03:01 1999
*** 2486,2491 ****
--- 2486,2494 ----      * 2. It must be a RESULT plan --> no scan's required      * ----------      */
+     if (plan == NULL)            /* utility statement produces this */
+         return;
+      if (nodeTag(plan) != T_Result)         return;

This might be the same problem that someone (Vince, maybe?) was
complaining about a couple months ago --- I didn't look into it
at the time.