Re: Automatic transactions in psql

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Automatic transactions in psql
Дата
Список pgsql-patches
> OK, status on this?  Seems we can't apply the patch as-is because of
> reliability of the status display.  Do people wnat a TODO item?  I don't
> think I want to make an incompatible protocol change for this feature.

I believe Fernando Nasser at Red Hat is currently working on backend
changes to do this properly; so I recommend we not apply the psql hack.

The notion of customizing the psql prompt based on
in-an-xact-block-or-not seems cool; but I do not see how to do it
reliably without a protocol change, and it's not worth that.