Re: [HACKERS] Sum aggregate calculation for single precsion real

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Sum aggregate calculation for single precsion real
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> I think that's more or less the argument Konstantin is in fact making.
> Whether it's a good argument or a thin one is a value judgement.
> Personally, I find it somewhere in the middle: I think the way it
> works now is reasonable, and I think what he wants would have been
> reasonable as well.  However, I find it hard to believe it would be
> worth changing now on backward compatibility grounds.

I agree with that conclusion.  It might have been reasonable to change
it fifteen years ago when we changed the integer sum() implementations,
but I think doing so now would make more people unhappy than it would
make happy; or at least, there's little reason to think the reverse
is true.