Re: point in time recovery and moving datafiles online

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: point in time recovery and moving datafiles online
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"Zeugswetter Andreas SB SD" <ZeugswetterA@spardat.at> writes:
>> I do believe that vacuum should (but presently does not) emit a WAL
>> record showing its truncation of the file, so that the equivalent
>> truncation can be repeated during replay.

> I see, but it has only the effect of not freeing the space to the OS,
> so it is not really a bug ? Next vacuum will do it anyway.

[ thinks... ]  Yeah, you're probably right.  The extra pages should
contain only dead tuples (either already dead or moved-off by vacuum),
so a seqscan would find no live data in them anyway.  It should be
fixed, but it's not critical (except possibly for people who are low
on disk space...)