Re: Unexpected behaviour of date_part

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Unexpected behaviour of date_part
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> The <datetime value expression> isn't '2009 ... +11', it's the absolute
> time that string represents. It doesn't in fact have a time-zone
> component except in the context of your locale settings.

> I don't know if we do follow the standard here though - not read it through.

The spec does appear to contemplate that the timezone be represented
separately.  We've discussed this in the past but there's not been a lot
of enthusiasm for changing it ... aside from the work involved, it would
mean doubling the space required for a timestamptz value (because of
alignment considerations).