Re: Emacs vs pg_indent's weird indentation for function declarations

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Emacs vs pg_indent's weird indentation for function declarations
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On Thu, May 16, 2019 at 9:17 AM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> A small problem with the "rejiggering" is that it now makes the wrong
>> choice for K&R-style function definitions, causing them to be weirdly
>> indented.  For our purposes, that's a non-problem so I'm not excited
>> about trying to make it smart enough to recognize those.  We do have
>> a couple of amazingly old and crufty K&R-style functions in src/port/,
>> though, so probably we'd wish to fix those.

> What kid of fork is pg_bsd_indent... do we care about upstreaming
> changes?  I guess someone would need to deal with that case eventually
> if so.

We regard the FreeBSD copy as upstream, and I think we're mostly in sync
with that but only mostly.  So it would come down to whether the FreeBSD
maintainer is worried about K&R mode and what he wants to do about that.
Piotr, that's still you isn't it?