Re: Question about a query with two count fields

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Question about a query with two count fields
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Michael Glaesemann <grzm@seespotcode.net> writes:
> What's ambigious about it? An operator cannot include a space, so !=
> (no space) is *always* interpreted as one operator: not equals (<>).

Right.  There are some corner cases though, for example

    A*-5

which you'd probably rather weren't interpreted as a single operator
"*-".  I believe the hack we use for this involves parsing a trailing
"+" or "-" as a separate operator if the earlier part of the operator
name contains only a certain set of characters.  The grotty details
are in the manual ...