Re: (Never?) Kill Postmaster?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: (Never?) Kill Postmaster?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Christian_Schr=F6der?= <cs@deriva.de> writes:
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> Maybe this is just a cross-distribution difference in file layouts,
>> but I'm suddenly wondering if there's a 32-vs-64-bit issue here.
>> Exactly which perl packages have you got installed?

> rpm says: "perl-5.8.8-32". The somewhat lengthy output of "perl -V" is:
> [snip]

OK, it looks like it is a 64-bit build but they intentionally put the
perl stuff under /usr/lib anyway.  So that was a red herring.  One
thing I notice in comparing your output against what I see on Fedora is:

>   Compiler:
>     cc='cc', ccflags ='-D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE -DTHREADS_HAVE_PIDS
                                                    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

There's no such #define mentioned in the Red Hat configuration ... I
wonder what that does?  I wouldn't normally think this significant,
but given that we suspect the problem is somehow related to threading,
it kind of draws the eyes ...

> Since I have now a total of 69 connections and already touched the
> connection limit yesterday I will now restart the server. Thus, I won't
> be able to provide any more detailed information until the problem
> arises again.

OK.  For the moment I confess bafflement.  You had offered access
to your system to probe more carefully --- once you've built up
two or three stuck processes again, I would like to take a look.

Сообщение: Re: strange infinite loop in plpgsql
Сообщение: Re: strange infinite loop in plpgsql