Re: fixing LISTEN/NOTIFY

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: fixing LISTEN/NOTIFY
Дата
Re: fixing LISTEN/NOTIFY  ("Jim C. Nasby" <jnasby@pervasive.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnaka@iki.fi> writes:
> It might make sense to change the semantics so that we never lose a
> notification, if we're going to implement NOTIFY 'msg', but that's another
> discussion.

That's pretty much a given --- the ability to pass some payload data in
notifications has been on the TODO list for a very long time.  I don't
think we're going to reimplement listen/notify without adding it.

I like your suggestion of "topic" for the notify name, and am tempted to
go fix the documentation to use that term right now ...