Re: GD global data array capabilities in pltcl

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: GD global data array capabilities in pltcl
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
"Nigel J. Andrews" <nandrews@investsystems.co.uk> writes:
> so I would say it's not accessable from other functions within the same
> backend. I doubt very much that this data is database wide I can only see it
> being backend specific.

It's definitely backend-local.  I imagine you could access another
procedure's GD if you could determine its name (it's built from the
pg_proc OID, I think).  However, if you want to share global data across
pltcl functions in the same backend session, you shouldn't bother with
GD at all: just create named global Tcl variables.  All pltcl functions
in a backend run in the same interpreter, so they can trivially access
global variables.