Re: index row size exceeds btree maximum, 2713 - Solutions?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: index row size exceeds btree maximum, 2713 - Solutions?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Dan Armbrust <daniel.armbrust.list@gmail.com> writes:
> All of my other limitations on changing things aside - given a query
> like this:
>
> Select * from conceptproperty where codingSchemeName='foo' AND
> property='anotherfoo' and propertyValue ILIKE 'valu%'
>
> What indexe(s) would be recommended?

I'd index on codingSchemeName and property and not worry so much about
propertyValue.  I rather doubt that that part of the query is adding a
performance-critical amount of selectivity --- and even if you could fit
propertyValue into the index, you'd have to jump through hoops to get a
case-insensitive search on it when the other columns are case-sensitive.