Re: Errors in our encoding conversion tables

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Errors in our encoding conversion tables
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Albe Laurenz <laurenz.albe@wien.gv.at> writes:
> I agree with your proposed fix, the only thing that makes me feel uncomfortable
> is that you get error messages like:
>   ERROR:  character with byte sequence 0x96 in encoding "WIN1250" has no equivalent in encoding "MULE_INTERNAL"

Hm, yeah.  It's pretty silly that this code uses a double conversion when
it has a table that would work fine for a direct conversion, anyway.  But
I think improving that is a separate question, especially since the above
behavior occurred already for a few code points.