Re: [pgsql-hackers-win32] Tablespaces

От pgsql@mohawksoft.com
Тема Re: [pgsql-hackers-win32] Tablespaces
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

>> Having been a Windows developer since version 1.03, with DOS
>> and CP/M before that, I can say with complete authority that
>> most Windows developers are not "good." The worst I've seen
>> is Charles Petzold, and he sets the bar.
>
> Charles Petzold is a decent programmer.  I have read his books and he
> knows what he's talking about.  He no W. Richard Stevens or Donald
> Knuth, but I would hire him to do a job.

Funny story. In Windows 2.x days, a bug was found in Petzolds calculator
example having to do with the stupid way Win16 dealt with various aspects
of Window properties such as hMenu. When I read the book, I had been
programming in Windows 1.x and early 2.x, and thought to myself, "that's
not right."

Well, it turns out that it was a bug that broke a lot of Windows program
when Win 3.0 came out in standard mode.