Re: BUG #12046: lower_inf('(-infinity,today)'::tsrange) returns false

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #12046: lower_inf('(-infinity,today)'::tsrange) returns false
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
presnypreklad@gmail.com writes:
> In the course of writing a program that accepts tsrange literals from the
> user, which are then plugged into various SQL queries, today I was testing
> some tsranges to see how they are interpreted by PostgreSQL 9.3.5.

> This one, in particular, behaves strangely: '(-infinity,today)'::tsrange

> The lower_inf function says the lower bound is not infinite (!)

This is not surprising: the range stuff has its own notion of "infinite
bounds", which has nothing to do with any infinity concept that the
underlying datatype may or may not have.  Trying to unify those concepts
would greatly complicate the interface between ranges and their component
datatypes, without actually buying very much AFAICS.