Re: Adding new variables into GUC

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Adding new variables into GUC
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Θάνος Παπαπέτρου <thanos@di.uoa.gr> writes:
> I am an MSc student in the department of Informatics and
> Telecommunications of the University of Athens and as part of my
> thesis I am examining a new path/plan cost model for DB optimizers. I
> have successfully changed the optimizer of PostgreSQL in order to
> implement this model, but I have stumbled upon a very little detail:
> until now I use some hardcoded values in my code which I would like to
> make accessible through GUC. After much googling the only relative
> pages I have found are about configuring existing PostgreSQL variables
> and src/backend/utils/misc/README does not mention anything about
> adding new vars. Can anybody please provide some help?

You basically need the variable, the entry in the appropriate array in
guc.c, and some documentation (at least if you'd like anyone else to
ever use the code).  Try looking at some past patches that added GUCs
similar to yours.

Сообщение: Re: Extensions versus pg_upgrade
Сообщение: Re: Extensions versus pg_upgrade