Re: case insensitive unique index (part 2)

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: case insensitive unique index (part 2)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
lists <lists@lists.grot.org> writes:
> mydb=> create unique index forward_rr on forward (lower(name));
> ERROR:  DefineIndex: function 'lower(varchar)' does not exist

If you change the name column to type 'text' it will work.  Or you
can make an extra pg_proc entry that relabels lower(text) as
lower(varchar) --- that's safe because text and varchar have the
same representation.  I'm too lazy to reconstruct the necessary
command right now, but this has been described in the mail lists before.