Re: PostGIS vs. PGXS in 9.0beta3

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: PostGIS vs. PGXS in 9.0beta3
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> writes:
> A 9.0b3 tester reported this issue with our single most popular
> PostgreSQL extension, PostGIS:

> ==================
> Postgis makes use of 'PGXS' in postgresql > 8.2. Within postgresql-9,
> datadir and many other variables are defined as multiple values with an
> append operator, like this:

> $ grep -i datadir /usr/pgsql-9.0/lib/pgxs/src/Makefile.global
> [snip]
> datadir := /usr/pgsql-9.0/share

This analysis is nonsense on its face --- := is not an append operator
and we do not have any multiple values for datadir.

The referenced postgis-users thread seems to indicate that the postgis
guys found and fixed a problem in their own makefiles.  If not, we need
a clearer description of what they think the problem is.