Re: PSA: Autoconf has risen from the dead

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: PSA: Autoconf has risen from the dead
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"Joel Jacobson" <joel@compiler.org> writes:
> I don't have much experience in this area, but I noted there is
> an AC_CACHE_SAVE feature to speed up rerunning ./configure,
> necessary when it stops with an error due to some missing dependency.
> Is there a good reason why AC_CACHE_SAVE is not used?

Dunno ... it looks like that adds cycles to non-error cases,
which seems like optimizing for the wrong thing.

In any case, right at the moment is probably a bad time to be
working on improvements for configure per se.  We can come
back to this if the meson idea crashes and burns.