Re: Logging which interface was connected to in log_line_prefix

От Cary Huang
Тема Re: Logging which interface was connected to in log_line_prefix
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Spec compliant:           tested, passed
Documentation:            tested, passed

Hi

I did a quick test on this patch and it seems to work as expected. Originally I thought the patch would add the name of
"localinterface" such as "eth0", "eth1", "lo"... etc as %L log prefix format. Instead, it formats the local interface
IPaddresses , but I think it is fine too.

I have tested this new addition with various types of IPs including IPv4, IPv4 and IPv6 local loop back addresses,
globalIPv6 address, linked local IPv6 address with interface specifier, it seems to format these IPs correctly

There is a comment in the patch that states:

/* We do not need clean_ipv6_addr here: just report verbatim */

I am not quite sure what it means, but I am guessing it means that the patch does not need to format the IPv6 addresses
inany specific way. For example, removing leading zeros or compressing consecutive zeros to make a IPv6 address
shorter.It may not be necessary to indicate this in a comment because In my test, if any of my interface's IPv6 address
haveconsecutive zeroes like this: 2000:0000:0000:0000:0000:0000:200:cafe/64, my network driver (Ubuntu 18.04) will
formatit as 2000::200:cafe, and the patch of course will read it as 2000::200:cafe, which is ... correct and clean.

thank you
Cary Huang
www.highgo.ca

Сообщение: Re: DROP OWNED BY fails to clean out pg_init_privs grants
Сообщение: Re: DROP OWNED BY fails to clean out pg_init_privs grants