Re: pgsql: Reduce risk of accidentally running temp-install regression tests

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pgsql: Reduce risk of accidentally running temp-install regression tests
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
Michael Meskes <meskes@postgresql.org> writes:
> Suppressing the output defies the purpose for this one test, namely to check
> different ways to connect. If pg_regress is able do the job of two sed calls in
> can easily substitute the port number itself. I'm not sure if this is worth the
> hassle, or whether we just remove these parts of the regression test.

Well, pg_regress already does some comparable things for the core
regression tests, see convert_sourcefiles_in().  Whether it's worth
the hassle to have a test for this case isn't clear to me.  It doesn't
seem like something particularly likely to break.